Thursday, 28 August 2014

Some winter embroidery/ sewing projects finally seeing the light of day.

{Disclaimer: the quality of these photos is not supreme...they really don't do the beauty of the red velvet justice...but this fabric seemed to be singularly difficult to photograph accurately. Also...my ipad shoots at 72 dpi and doesn't do well with strong light.}
 Anyhow, here are some photos of some pouches I sewed and embroidered this past winter during my Great Sewing Adventure (a story for another day). The red pouch is real, real velvet I had bought at a used fabric sale back in high school. It is beautiful to touch and to look at...and lovely to embroider upon! This red velvet pouch was my first embroidery project...I thought of it as my "sampler" and on it I tried to try out some different techniques, but pretty much played it by ear and made up the designs as I went along, throwing down some beads here and there when I felt like it. I went from right to left on the fabric, and if you look closely you can see that the embroidery job/ design on the far left of the bag is kind of  funny. I guess the whole thing took me about 25 hours all told. Next thing to do is find or fashion a strap so I can actually use it!
A fine August morning

Geraniums and scarlet runner bean


Late August basil going to flower, and downstairs' grape-vine car-port








No comments:

Post a Comment