Hankies are something I've begun to use in lieu of Kleenex when I can, when I remember, it seems like A Good Thing To Do, (using something reusable not something disposable) but also, they tend to be just so beautiful and cute!
I have a large collection of cute ones inherited from my Mom and my Grandma, some from my Mom's childhood; little illustrated fairy-tale and nursery-rhyme hankies, and some white linen ones that have been hand-embroidered and edged with hand-made lace (made by my Grandma...a long time ago!). And because the designs I've been admiring on these hankies are so varied and so beautiful, I have been inspired to make up some of my own, again to someday be printed at Spoonflower if I create a nice little collection of them which could then be printed on a yard or two of very thin fabric (the 'Cotton Voile' one!).
Here is the first one, depicting some lovely beets!! And a variety of edging colors/ choices and background color options...if you're out there reading this, and have an opinion...let me know which one(s) you like the look of!
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)









No comments:
Post a Comment