Wednesday, 6 June 2012
Bring on Porch Salads!
I've now had two salads harvested from our little garden!! What we have available for the pickin' right now is some lettuce, some arugula and a selection of 9 herbs...which is quite a bounty if you ask me!
I really enjoyed adding a bunch of fresh herbs to my salad mix: I took some basil, some oregano, chives and parsely along with the lettuce and arugula. The second time I tried adding some mint in there, and it was okay...I think one wants to be more reserved with mint though, depending on what else is in the salad.
For both I put half a tomato, half an avocado, a chopped up green onion and some goat cheese on top. Some pumpkin seeds, fresh pepper, dashes of both olive oil and balsamic vinegar...Heavenly! The tastiest salad mix I've had. And how pleasing to know it all came from our little porch.
Labels:
Container Gardening,
Herbs,
Home Grown,
Salads,
Urban Agriculture
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment